Friday, October 26, 2007

Comments on Billo's and Zahran's Websites

Billo's Website
14-10-2007
Have you finished your website yet? You mention we can comment each unit, does it mean you will carry on posting the new information? Or only unit 5 can be accessed? Firstly, I think there was a typing mistake in the following sentence. I'm not sure; command is an old-fashion word, comment is better, is that what you mean? Secondly, I think you choose a good topic to discuss and I'm very interested in exploring more units. Will give you feedback later!

17-10-2007
You did very well and you post additional new links on your website. It's very useful for your students if they want know more about AIDS and do follow-up. Regarding activities, students just finished reading Unit 5 and did all the activities. It would be better if you can vary them, for example, students read through unit 5 and complete activities 1 to 3. Read the other articles (links) then finish activity 4 or 5. This is my own opinion and suggestion.
I forgot one point, it would be better if you added the titles in front of the links, your students can choose the interesting one to read first. Also it will give them a clear instruction.


Zahran's Website
14-10-2007
EXCELLENT product! I'm very interested in exploring more about your country. I think the students have the same feelings. Just a quick visit, you created a very attractive website and I'll spend time on studying the information and testing the exercises. I like the pictures very much! Well done!
17-10-2007
I like the assessment part. It's a very important part for students to do self-evaluation. Great point!
18-10-2007
I haven't finished all your activities yet. I tried the Mix and Crossword part. You designed activities were highly related to your reading information. I prefer the crossword than mix because there was no timer there. Although I did well in mix than crossword. You know why? The answer was- the timer made me stressful. I couldn't concentrate on my task. Finally I finished all the tasks on time and a bit earlier. Does it mean I am so smart? Hopefully, you said "yes". Will test another activities later!
21-10-2007
I think there is one minor typing mistake in the following sentence:Marvellous Oman Activities is designed for EFl students not EF1 -- EFL is correct.

Overall, your website was informative and attractive to your students. I think students are interested in learning the activities and reading information. However, there are too much information for me to read in order to complete the activities. I forgot most of them. I think the Tourism Vocabulary Matching exercise was too easy for grade 12 students.

No comments: